Old
02-28-2013, 03:10 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Now that the regular season is over, time too have a look at those predictions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
Walker will make the NT, independent of who's available.
Unfortunately I haven't noticed any improvement from him. He still has national team potential, but he needs some players to be unavailable to make it.

Quote:
Joggi got a good chance to make the NT again... as a defender!- If the Lock-out lasts all season, it will be tough though. he's closest to Forster, who's missed heavily in NT. tough, big, mean and a super heavy slapper....
I haven't seen NT caliber play from Joggi either.

Quote:
Cunti will make the selection of M.Plüss for NT an option and not a must anymore....
I thought Cunti was a bit disappoiting. I expected a big improvement from him, but didn't notice any change compared to last season. Combined with Plüss' strong season, I think there is no debate regarding who Simpson will want first.

Quote:
B. Conz will give more arguments why he wasn't drafted...
Looks like Fribourg's management was smarter than us here (that's why they manage a hockey team and we post about it here ), very strong season by Conz, although he still has to prove he can do it in the playoffs too.

Quote:
Manzato will show, that when playing for a good team like Lugano (with a suspicious recent past when it comes to D-work though), he won't be far off guys like Stephan, Berra or Genoni....at all
I liked what I saw from Manzato, he's been very consistent and helped his defense feel secured, but he was clearly behind Stephan and the likes.

Quote:
Y. Steinmann will finally grow into the role of a quality 2-way-center, and will look closest to v. Arx of all swiss centermen... (off course not the same offensive influence)
Steinmann had an ok season, but nothing that reminds me of RvA. I'm starting to think he will never fulfill his potential.

Quote:
I expect the 92/89-born forwards to grow even more into their role of Back-boning swiss attack in the NLA...

89: Hasani, Schlagenhauf or Schommer should take the next step, and make this generation even more deep...

92: Hofmann is the type of player Del Curto loves most: elite skating and a big heart (like an physicaly underdevelopped Ambühl), and good hands... he'll get much better definitely...
I expect Lammer, Muller or Schneuwly to gain a fix rosterspot for the future in NLA, and guys like Vermin or Walser getting close to NT...
Good call on Hofmann, Lammer, Vermin and Walser, but I'm disappointed none of the 89 guys could reach the next level.

Quote:
Löffel, Geering or Grossmann will push hard for a roster spot in NT....
I must admit I was completely wrong about those three. I expected a lot from Löffel and Grossmann but Geering had the best season out of those three. I hope Simpson will have a strong look at him, but I think none of them is going to Sweden.

Overall, I liked most of those prediction before the season, but unfortunately few players showed the expected improvement. Still some positives, such as Vermin and Hoffmann.

stv11 is offline   Reply With Quote