View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 06:55 AM
14ari13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silkyjohnson50 View Post
He had a bad clearing attempt on a PK, which led to him taking his first minor penalty.

Then he had his faceoff violation that led to another 5-on-3.

Outside of those two plays he wasn't bad at all. He created a couple of our best scoring chances and kept his line out of the defensive zone all game.

He could really benefit by one winger who had offensive instincts, which is why everybody except Babcock wants to see Tatar on that line. One of Cleary/Abdelkader is fine for now while we're still injured, but both of them is going to quickly run its course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyisforeveryone View Post
We are definitely all on the same page there and with this much collective intention we might see a change. I think even casual hockey fans cringe in embarrassment at that line. But Dats as the personality he is probably likes the challenge or humor in it all. It doesn't effect his effort.

At some point each season I reinitiate myself as a Datsyuk devotee. To me night in and out he is tight now the best player on the ice. Every shift, every touch of the puck. The strength, stickhandling, did I mention raw STRENGTH! is the highest. Kopitar I will give 2nd star this game, he made some nice plays to stay with Datsyuk.

My point is he is the LAST person that needs criticism.
It seems to me that the most posters here on this board are so eager to see what Tatar can do on Dastyuk's wing. It has been several games we've been calling to see it. Babcock is so strange.