Old
02-28-2013, 07:07 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarley zelepukin View Post
I think I see where you're coming from. Again, I didn't hear the interview so maybe his exact words and tone made it come off differently. He's never seemed like the most intense guy in the interviews I have seen with him. But just from reading your post it seems more like he's saying he's going to worry about playing his best and not about what Rube and Charlie are going to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
A lot of baseball players are more laid back than other athletes. Guys like Utley and Halladay are different. I see a bunch of guys that are Ryan Howard like. Just kind of chill, and probably wouldn't say something you'd expect to hear from say a football player. Baseball isn't really a fiery, emotional sport.
Fair enough. I hope he makes it though because he has so much talent. Also something else he was talking about in the interview was that it was difficult to play in front 40k+ fans in Philly, another thing you don't want to hear from one of your top prospects. Either way, if he can be our Right Fielder this year, I would be more than happy. I think the important thing is that he doesn't platoon. He has to play every day. Maybe not a full 162, but at least like 140ish. If they platoon him with Young or Ruff or anyone else it is only going to exacerbate the situation. Either stick him in right all year or trade him.