View Single Post
Old
12-20-2003, 08:00 AM
djhn579

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo21
One positive in this mess is that we do finally have some direction. We haven't obtained our well-documented goal of making the playoffs this season so now let's turn to the future and rebuild around players like Drury, Briere, Pyatt, Roy, Miller, etc. They haven't been performing up to standards lately but that's a nice unit to work around IMHO. Toss Vanek into the mix after the CBA and let's see what happens. My point is that we no longer have to debate whether we need a top-6 winger or top-4 d-man for Satan or a RH replacement for Zhitnik... We can now take on youth and high picks and don't need to consider the playoffs mandate as a constricting negotiating factor! It's time to move Zhitnik, Brown, Satan, Delmore, Campbell, Boulton, etc. for youth and draft picks. Out with the old and in with the new! A return similar to the Comrie return would be perfect for Miro IMO! At this juncture, I would take Woywitka and 2 picks in a heartbeat! Unfortunetly, I believe Regier will stay the course until the trade deadline because that is when his players will be of most value, whether that be because contenders indentify missing pieces or because salaries have been paid all year. But be patient til then and look to the future. I have confidence that Regier will make prudent moves, as usual, when the time is right. There's no saving this season now so accept it and look to the next.
I agree with most of what you said, I'm just concerned that we are already one of the youngest teams right now, and Regier is the one responsible for bringing in a lot of the soft players we have today...