View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 07:43 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
He really is the least impactful 40 goal scorer I've ever seen. He'll score those 40 goals in 30 games and the rest of the time he's a complete non-factor on both sides of the ice.

I'd play out this season with the roster as is, but this off-season the Rangers have some tough choices to make. They have one more season with Lundqvist, Callahan, Girardi, and Gaborik under contract. They'll re-sign the first three. Gaborik is as good as gone after 13/14. They really should trade him this off-season. The question then becomes do they use their compliace buy-out at the same time on Richards, or give him one more season?

The 2013 UFA isn't that great. 2014 is better. They'll have cap space once Gaborik and Richards are off the books. Build around Callahan and Nash. By then hopefully Kreider has his head on straight and Miller/Thomas can contribute on the 2nd line. Do we go after Getzlaf/Perry this off-season? Do we wait until 2014 and try to get someone like Malkin, Kessel, Stastny, Bergeron? The Sedins will be available but I don't think you can win a Cup with them.
every, single, year it's the same story..

this years F/A class is mediocre, next years is great.

what happens? all the supposed "Great" talent goes off the market, then ppl say the same thing again..well, this years isnt great, but boy, next years is awesome.

when was the last time there actually was a great free agent class?

Stick with what we have. This offseason, if you can get good pieces for Gaborik, trade him, otherwise bring him back.