View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 08:24 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
This has little to do with anything IMO. I think people are trying to hard to look for this deal not being as bad as the leafs. It's worse, it's just fact. You don't need to be a pessimist to know it.

Basically:

Kessel is approx equal to seguin, maybe a little more or a little less. They also gave up hamilton and knight.

Mcdonagh is significantly better than Gomez. We also gave up Higgins and valentenko. We did however also get Tom Pyatt, who isn't with the habs anymore either.

It's just bad and i'd rather we stop talking about it and hope we don't make same mistake again.

The bold is just an example of trying to feel better about the deal. If we trade pacioretty for Ben eager and manage to reach 2nd round despite it, is it a good deal? Does it change the reality? Not really.
You don't make much sense quite frankly.
Not trying to make me feel better, both trades are some of the worst in history. Not sure what it changes of it's the 3rd or 4th worst. Both are garbage.

On the subject though. I disagree that Kessel approx Seguin.
Tyler is a much better player IMO. But even if they are exactly equal, they also gave up Hamilton and Knight. So at the very least, the trades are equally bad.
I think the Kessel one is worst because I feel Seguin is better than Kessel, so throw in the other two guys and it really makes it worse.

My comment about how the teams performed is just an extra. Both trades are bad, but at least we still enjoyed some form of success. Doesn't change anything to the actual trades.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote