View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 08:52 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
You don't make much sense quite frankly.
Not trying to make me feel better, both trades are some of the worst in history. Not sure what it changes of it's the 3rd or 4th worst. Both are garbage.

On the subject though. I disagree that Kessel approx Seguin.
Tyler is a much better player IMO. But even if they are exactly equal, they also gave up Hamilton and Knight. So at the very least, the trades are equally bad.
I think the Kessel one is worst because I feel Seguin is better than Kessel, so throw in the other two guys and it really makes it worse.

My comment about how the teams performed is just an extra. Both trades are bad, but at least we still enjoyed some form of success. Doesn't change anything to the actual trades.
How is seguin better than Kessel? Kessel hit 30+ goals several times and hit PPG last year. 7th in goals, 6th in points last year. What do you expect from Seguin? 4th in goals and 4th in points? There's only 4 guys in the NHL who hit 35+ goals and PPG. Stamkos, Malkin, Kessel and Neal. So yes, at the very least, approx isn't a bad thing to say. They are both offensive minded players who aren't physical. I'll admit seguin is a little more well rounded but not enough to suggest he's actually that much better. I stick to approx.

I don't get it, you feel the Kessel one is worst because Seguin is better than Kessel? Hmm, but Gomez is better than Mcdonagh? I get your point that they gave hamilton and company away too but we gave Mcdonagh, higgins and valentenko away and got cap problems and a buyout.

At the end of the day we can say whatever we like about leafs giving more, but they also got more. The ratio between quality of assets given:quality of assets recieved is dramatically better for the leafs than the habs. At the worst, it's a 1:2 ratio. For the habs it's like 1:10.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote