View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 09:01 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahad203 View Post
I really don't understand logic behind this. I love Orr, but Orr cannot and should not play more than 7 mins a game. Especially when we are down by a goal.

What's the harm in trying different lines? You know Kadri has the hot hands, good play maker, and Kessel needs a good play maker, I thought it was a no brainer.
Orr is on Kadri's line for multiple reasons.

1) He is being rewarded by his coach for his effort and received a promotion from the 4th to the 3rd line joining Kadri, because of that.

2) Kadri is Leafs leading scorer and the teams youngest player and other teams are going to start taking runs and liberties attempting to intimidate him to reduce his effectiveness. Orr as a security guard provides protection against that while riding shotgun. Allowing Kadri the freedom to be creative and focus on the game, while developing rather than the opponents attention against him.

3) Frattin who is Kadri's usual line-mate was/is injured and Orr is simply a temporary fill-in and will replaced on that line when Matty returns.