View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 09:38 AM
Volica

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember2004 View Post
So whats the deal with Jankowski? Is it if he develops hes an all star and if he doesn't he's a bust? I guess thats how it is with all prospects ahah nvm but whats the deal behind picking him?
The thought behind picking Jankowski was that he could be the best player in like a decade. That he could develop his body and play (skill's there) and be that big top line Center Calgary needs.
The issue I had with the pick, and what many others I deal with (not HF Calgary fanboys) had with the pick; is it's a long shot that he develops into that big time player, that Calgary doesn't have the luxury of drafting huge projects with their first round picks and that there was a top 10 pick from almost every single legitimate ranking system still on the board when Calgary traded down from their spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
The thought is he would have challenged for a top 10/top 5 pick this year if he had been a few days younger.

If he reaches his potential he is a poor mans Joe Thornton (aka the center we have always needed) if not he is most likely a Kyle Brodziak type of player.
I don't think he goes anywhere in the top 10 this year even. More than likely his goalie, Jon Gillies has the biggest jump if he were to be drafted in 2013.

Also, there's the chance he never graces the NHL; probably unlikely after his rookie campaign here, but still a possibility.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote