View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 09:56 AM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
I'm not saying it's bad or good, just makes me wonder a little about the lack of development up front with our forwards. I think sometimes the talent evaluators need to do their job and the coach needs to do his. I'd rather the coach think and worry about the team, strategy, line combos, scouting up coming games, etc and trust what the scouts and GM's are doing. I don't know. I think it's good and bad all at the same time. That's just me though. I think a coach can want certain types of players to fit HIS system but his system may or may not work to the best of its ability and in doing so, you end up with a certain type of roster that is one dimensional without the possibility of change.

Which then spurs on this idea, if Trotz is such a big part of the draft/personnel decisions, is that why we all fear another coach coming in? This is his type of team player wise and it works for the most part. Maybe that's why another coach wouldn't work which is why I think the GM should do his job at assembling the roster and let the coach work with the team on a day to day basis.

It was something that was bugging me for whatever reason so I had to get it off my mind. Hope everyone is well around here.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote