Thread: Salary Cap: Habs to reach Cap Heaven?
View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 10:06 AM
Patccmoi

vCash: 500
I think Perry is actually exactly the type of players that Habs need. He's got size and he can score. Having him + Pacioretty would give us 2 top tier power forward, and you can add Gallagher on a wing and another player (Bourque, maybe Ryder if he plays well this season, Galchenyuk if we keep DD, etc...) and we could have 2 very solid first lines. If somehow we can get rid of Gionta this year too, imagine the difference it would make to our forward group to replace an underperforming small player with a big elite PF.

If we can land Perry for 5 years, I think this would open a window for a cup run if we can just solidify our D a little bit (if Tinordi can adapt to the NHL fairly fast it would be great). I seriously hope that this is what MB is going for, because we're one of the few teams that could go after him hard and still not even be in cap trouble. His Cole trade would prove to be just that much better if we can finally land a UFA star.

Us finishing top 5 in the East (which seems like a real possibility) would make it that much more interesting for him.

Go for it!

Patccmoi is offline   Reply With Quote