View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 10:17 AM
Mathletic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfriend View Post
Mathletic - how accurate is your assessment? Not trying to be funny but just curious how your complete list ranks from past lists to who actually was drafted.

Is there a percentage? Such as, 90% of those listed on your historical lists have been drafted.

Just curious as there are several I have interest in but are between the 4th and 6th rounds.
I never worked out a percentage a percentage of players on my lists who have been drafted. I could do it at some point. The main metric I use to assess the results I'm getting is the one I talked about earlier. That is, how many times is the top player on my list "better" than the player selected by the NHL team at a certain spot (i.e. 18th overall, 19th, 20th, etc.) and at the same position (forward vs forwards, D vs D, G vs G). The results are that about 60% of the time, pending on the metric used (GP, Points, PS, etc.) the player on my list was the better of the 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Nice work.

Could you add some comparison values there? Not just the rank order.

I would be more interested about how big relative gaps there is between the players, not just the rank.

You don't have to open the whole system in here if you wan't to keep it secret, but just those final figures after the calculations would be nice to see.
Thanks!

Sure, I've been thinking about posting a projected metric of some sort like expected GP for each player or something like that to give a good idea of how much of a gap or how close players are compared to one another. I don't think I'll be able to do that this year. However, in the next version I'll express it verbally as there will be more text and not just rankings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris Le Tigre View Post
Interesting stuff as usual...
Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
I really appreciate this list, Mathletic. I look forward to following this more and referencing it on draft day!
Thanks to both of you!

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote