02-28-2013, 10:30 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyne View Post
I don't know about that. He spends a lot of time covering for Markov's lack of speed which often puts him out of position. I'm not sure Markov is the ideal partner for him, but he's certainly getting better as time goes by. I love his grit and and he can certainly skate

Far worse was Cube, imo. I'm glad he's only signed for one year. He's lost a step and his decision making has not improved over the years.
I don't agree, in fact I think he arguably looks worse this year than last year. Could be a number of factors - playing with/covering Markov, the facial injury playing a role (he seems more hesitant to be physical this year), and heightened expectations. You're not as willing to overlook flaws in a player's sophomore year as you are in their second season. Whatever the reason is, he's clearly our 6th best defenseman if you take all the games played this year into consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNuts View Post
Does anyone else find Emelin better than Komisarek was in the time he played with Markov?
Definitely not. Except his last year with us, people forget how good Komisarek was with Markov (or how good Markov made him look, or how good they worked together). Komisarek looked like a legit #2 shutdown guy for a while, haven't seen that from Emelin yet.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote