View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 10:42 AM
Vicente

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Other German posters here have previously said (while discussing NHL rights in Germany) that the DEL tv deal isn't worth much, and the ratings pale in comparison to of course football but basketball, handball and biathlon. So I don't see them paying much for sports as "miniscule" as hockey is in public interest. Especially with Germany missing out on Olympics. Eurosport's coverage seems to be somewhat regional, they air stuff on some regions that others don't get. It hasn't been on public free cable here for over half a decade now but based on what I've read from people, they still air mostly ****** sports because they don't have the money for the big sports. I've read they've aired some WJC games but not necessarily live and the last time I saw men's World on that network was in 1997. So I don't see them paying big money for anything.
I didn't say there would be any BIG money involved like in football where the league gets half a billion a year but yes if there would be 1-4 German teams in KHL then at least their games would be shown in German tv and they would for sure have better viewer numbers than DEL matches. Don't forget that during DEL matches most German hockey fans are in the arenas themselves.

Vicente is offline   Reply With Quote