View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 10:42 AM
tyratoku

vCash: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I played long pole for my high school last year. I love lacrosse.
Very fun sport. I started in 8th grade and have now been playing for seven years. A ton of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Oh Cee View Post
...long pole?
Forwards(Attack and Midfielders) use 3-foot long sticks, not including the head, defenders use 6-foot long sticks. A lot of people call Defense long poles, or sometimes a forward will use one of the 6-foot sticks on a faceoff, and in that case they would be called a long-pole midfielder. Goalies, IIRC, use a 4.5 foot stick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykay View Post
Lacrosse is a foreign language to me.

Tonight my adventures took me to St. Peter, MN to cover the 3A championship. It's an hour and a half drive for me so naturally the game goes into OT. The games ends, I do my interviews, start writing my article and of course get kicked out the arena. I then hike over to the Gustavus library and wrap it up and have to drive home at around midnight.

In conclusion I just got home, and Hopslam and sweatpants have never felt so good.
Foreign language? You mean you don't know what pounding nattys, scoring top cheddar, shot bottom Parmesan, rip the duck, etc. mean?

There are some very dumb terms when it comes to lacrosse, but if you get into the sport a lot of it starts to make sense. In a hilarious/silly way.

St. Peter is a nice little town. I have some buddies down at Gustavus and I've been on campus there a few times. Their football/lacrosse stadium is pretty nice as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I just got back from the dentist and I'm cavity free for now.
Congrats

Never had a cavity, personally. Kind of wondering how long that streak is going to last. 19 years is stretchin' it.