View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 10:51 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

vCash: 500
I think Seguin could be our number 1 center right now, but honestly, we've lost two games all season...why rock the boat?

I will say though, Seguin won't be a center on this team until Krejci leaves (if he does). Putting Bergeron/Krejci on the third line doesn't make sense in my opinion when we have Kelly/Peverley who are MORE than capable of playing third line center duties, I'd argue they are some of the more complete third liners in the league.

Bergy/Marchy/Lucic/Horton/Seguin/Krejci are all top six talents and have demonstrated success in a top six role. We also don't have any other top six forwards on this team...besides maybe Peverley who is more suited to third line duties.

Julien has a very "defense first" system, and Bergy and Krejci are elite/very good defensively. Seguin id call above average at this point, and hes definitely going to get better, but Seguin proved last year that he can be very effective as a 1st line winger, so again...why rock the boat?

Knock on wood, and I don't want this to happen, but if Krejci/Bergy have long-term injuries I put Seguin at center and never look back. Having Kelly/Peverley as a long term option at #2 center is not sustainable.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote