View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 11:08 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarome Iginla View Post
Murray had the balls to trade favorites like Fisher and Kelly when they had to. Hopefully Feaster can man up and do the same
I agree I hope Feaster can do the same but we don't know how those trades will work out for a while as their main pieces Shane Prince and Stefan Noesen are still in the CHL.

The reason Ottawa rebounded so well isn't because of their poor season it is the several years of drafting before hand mixed with good trading as well as not trading away the entire team when it went bad
2009 - Cowen (9th overall), Silfverberg (39th), Lenher(46th not important to the rebound just a great pick)
2008 - Karlsson(15th), Wiercioch(42nd), Smith(79th)
2006- Foligno(29th)

They kept
Phillips, Spezza, Michalek, Alfredsson

They made smart trades for
Anderson
Bishop
Methot
Turris

The reason I have a problem with the burn it to the ground mentality is that as Edmonton is showing it is a very long process with lots of growing pains. Making smart trades greatly reduces the length of a rebuild as well as consistent drafting. If Feaster is currently drafting well (which most of us believe) then we should be looking at making smart trades to help rebuild just not simple everyone because we can.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote