View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 12:08 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg4167 View Post
I also seem to recall hearing something along those lines, as in, Bergeron signed with the understanding that his role would continue to expand offensively, and he would not be used as a strictly defensive player. At this point, I can't remember if he actually said that or if it was just a rumor, but nonetheless, his input on this whole thing is obviously important. While I do think a Kelly-Bergy-Pevs line would be great defensively, I also don't think they would be bad on offense by any means. I think that line would get its share of goals as well.
I think if you put Kelly/Peverley higher than the third line you don't ice the best team.

Bergy is our best overall center and takes all the key faceoffs, do we want Kelly/Peverley on a line with him that much? Krejci would also suffer if you put two so so offensive talents with him, hes a facilitator first.

I honestly can't see Seguin playing center on this team if Krejci is still a Bruin...Seguin is a better wing than Krejci, Krejci is a better defensive center than Seguin, Julien needs defensive centers.
Moving one of Bergy/Krejci/Seguin to the 3rd line means one of Kelly/Peverley to the top six, REALLY do not think thats a good idea.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote