View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 11:21 AM
Coolburn

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
8th is low? Remember, the Panthers have had something like two dozen draft picks in the last 3 years since Tallon took over. Grimaldi's stock is slightly down because of injuries hampering his development, and meanwhile his size will always be an issue until he makes it to the NHL and proves otherwise...ask Marty St. Louis.

As for Shore, he definitely should be above Howden as he's proven more and is already a regular in the NHL - in fact, he'll graduate from the prospect list this year because he's been a lineup regular, won't he? Or does the lockout shortened season keep him under the necessary games to be no longer considered a prospect?

Matheson shouldn't be ranked higher than those who have already gone pro - he's promising, but if I recall was in a weak draft and questions by scouts about his hockey sense kept him from drafting higher. Time will tell - haven't followed, but I think he's doing well at BC. But the college game isn't the same as the pro game - Howden, Shore, and Robak should all be ahead of him in my book, since all are pros who have seen NHL ice. Petrovic is more debatable. Shore also seems to have a higher upside at this point than when he was drafted, and arguably higher than Matheson, so I'd definitely rank him higher.
HF's standards are you're still a prospect until you play in 65 games so both Shore & even Huberdeau will be prospects after this season due to the shortened yr. The Calder trophy uses a cutoff of 25 games so Shore is gonna achieve that most likely this yr. I'm not sure how Hockey News classifies their "prospects" TBH.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote