View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 11:43 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansk55 View Post
Agreed, Hargrave is starting to develop...still shy and needs to be more of a power forward that the "vision" intended. As for AR and JA, they have a long long way to go. If Hargrave is knocking at the door, AR and JA are still around the corner.
There will always be players who look good against their equal age level but fail to make the jump to the step midget to jr....jr. to pro.
Hergrave is certainly showing some potential to be an impact player and I think that comes from experience and opportunity (both with the Sting and the U17 squad).

Unlike Hargrave, Renaud does not see much ice time and most of that is sheltered. To be honest, I watched Renaud several times in his draft season and then caught most of the preseason action and I see a LOT of potential in him. At this point in time, I think it's a matter of confidence with Renaud. Once he starts gaining confidence and earning more opportunities I bet we will see him start to emerge.

Addesi is what he is - an energy type of player suited best for the bottom six. He remains a bit too slow footed (which often results in lazy penalties) to create offense but I do like his work ethic and energy.