: Line Combos:
Would the Bruins ever consider: Kelly-Bergeron-Peverley?
View Single Post
02-28-2013, 11:50 AM
taking a break
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kingston, MA
while I think the lineup would be good I have a few possible issues with this.
1. It would 100% depend on who the new guy is. If it is a guy like Birere then I would be nervous to do it. A line of Birere, seguin and marchand while fast and skilled is small and I would be nervous about their D game. It might be worth a short term shot though (issue #5 comes into play here). That line might spend all of their time in the offensive zone.
2. right now the chemestry on the Bergy line is unreal. Marchand is on fire scoring wise. "If it aint broke"
3. as others have said Ice Time - while I am not over concerend about this I would not want that 3rd line eating up a ton of mins. If CJ rolls the 4 lines like he usually does it might not be an issue.
4. Back to the if it aint broke. The bruins are winning right now not sure I would change much in the top 6.
5. the short season. If this was 82 games I would say no problem try it out for 5-10 games see if they click. With the short season and the Hab's playing so well I am not sure I would risk a change when everything is going so well right now.
Overall great Idea and something I would think about if the boys start to cool off or depending on the new guy and when/if he comes in. The way CJ rolls 4 lines in the playoffs would play right into this concept and make it very very hard for other teams so stop the Bruins.
Love the city, hate the Hab™
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Scotto74