View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 12:05 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Ding ding ding! Hagelin doesn't need to ride shotgun with Nash or Gaborik, but he gets that opportunity because he worked his ass off and got to that point after starting out with John Mitchell on the 4th line.

So Kreider -- a 6'3 225lb kid who can skate like stink -- now needs someone to open up space for him? Christian Thomas needs someone to open up space for him. Derek Stepan needs someone to open up space for him. Kreider is a manchild on skates that shouldn't need anyone to do anything for him other than get him the puck. You don't need someone "creating space" to crash the net for a rebound or to get into a shooting lane to deflect a puck.

My grammar was just fine, but insulting my intelligence totally negates the fact that you managed to contradict yourself entirely on your own. I don't need to explain my point of view in order to point out that you're being unabashedly hypocritical. But hey, calling me a child, or insulting other posters ability "to grasp deeper concepts and break downs of the game" is definitely making me overlook that.
Different players, play the game differently.

Kreider DOES need a player to open up space for him at this stage of his career. He isn't a puck possession player, which means he won't have control of the puck long enough to draw defenders to him in a way that Nash does.

Playing with the guys he has, and based on where he takes most of the faceoffs hes on the ice for, he won't get that space with them either.

Despite his size, he doesn't play like Nash or Jagr. Puck control isn't his game.