View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 12:07 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtrickhayOrnqvistpay View Post
Our bottom talent is the issue, it's the guys at the top. By replacing the guys at the top, we effectively replace Yip but guys like Yip, Spaling, Gaustad and the like are the least of our problems.

What we need to do is to develop the young players like Wilson and Smith into guys that can put the puck in the back of the net. Take the lumps you're going to get with them defensively but teach them the game and let them be what they are, gifted offensive players. Focusing so much on the defensive side takes them longer to develop. If they mess up, put them back on the ice to learn from their mistake. Heck, I watch Gill and Hannan who are vets and they put the puck in places you're not supposed to put them but they are out shift after shift. The same rules don't and have never applied to the youth of the roster.

Put Smith at one center position, Wilson at the other and there are your top two centers. Put Spaling at the three and you have your centers for the next how ever many years you want. Put Gaustad on the 4th line for now and then give all of these guys wings. Develop the team for the future instead of this roller coaster.

All teams have leaders but put the youth in important rolls, I think we'd be pleasantly surprised with the results.
Upgrading the top end of the talent isn't going to happen, so we can only hope that they upgrade the weakest links.

I'm all for calling up Watson in Yips place.