View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 12:09 PM
jfb392

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
From what I've read, MacKinnon is just as comfortable on the wing. They can give him a couple years of the Seguin treatment, allowing the center situation to sort itself out over that period. It shouldn't be an issue, and you certainly shouldn't select a player you like less because you're worried about the effect having MacKinnon will have on the other pieces in your lineup.
He actually hasn't been very comfortable on the wing thus far in his career.
That being said, I'm sure that he can make the transition to the wing if need be (to break into the NHL or if the team feels he's best suited to play there).

I think he's best utilized down the middle though, especially with the abilities he's shown this season (last year, some felt he'd be a winger because of an absence of defensive and physical presence, but that just wasn't his role and now that it is, he's still shining).
He's a threat to score himself or through passing (funny how underrated his passing ability has become, ask a Moose fan what type of player he was after the first half of last season and they'd say playmaker), is a possession player and great at transitioning the play, and his speed is an asset both ways.