View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 01:32 PM
BernieParent

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
All the trades discussed have included Couturier and the Flyers first. In the case of Phoenix, what I was informed was Couturier, Meszaros, Laughton, the Flyers first and second for the two Phoenix defenders and Phoenix's 1st.

For Carlson, the deal being discussed was Carlson and Neuvirth for Couturier and the Flyers 1st. From what I heard from the scouts, the Flyers want Kuznetsov instead of Neuvirth and they want a draft pick as well from Washington (Washington's 2nd round at a minimum).

The Buffalo deal was Tyler Myers, Ville Leino (even though he's hurt), Buffalo's 2nd for Couturier, Meszaros and Philadelphia's first.

Once again, those were the deals that I heard from the scouts. The scouts seem to think that it isn't Holmgren who is putting together those packages and that Holmgren has no interest in acquiring long term contracts (re: Leino) and that if he's giving up his first, he wants at the very least a high 2nd back.
As much as the thought of dealing Couturier makes my eye twitch, that first deal seems intriguing, and would go a long way in fixing the barren landscape of top young D prospects. I'm not as enamoured about the prospective deal with Buffalo, particularly as Myers is having a very off season, and Leino would be another cap-anchor salary.