View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 12:44 PM
cheswick
Non-registered User

vCash: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
I hate to be the guy to bump their own question, but can someone let me know what they think of my question in post #159? Specifically how they see the teams being seeded for rounds 1-3?

According to the way it's worded on TSN, and the way I set up the hypothetical standings, it looks like you could possibly win a division title other than your own.
Rounds one and two are within the division. 1v4, 2v3. Then the winners of said matches paly each other. 3rd round is the conference championship between the 2 "division" champions.

Since the 4th place team on either side could technically be from the other division, yes the conference championship can feature two teams of the same division (or even more odd a Pacific team come out of the mid-west and a mid-west team out of the pacific). But since they are allowing cross overs that can't be avoided.

Technially division titles are given to the division winner in the regular season, so the playoff "division" champion wouldn't really win a division title.

cheswick is offline   Reply With Quote