View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 12:53 PM
Habtchum*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
After spending a day thinking about the trade, here's my take:

- Cole is known for a slow starter. He under-performed again in this early season, but I think he will eventually play better.
- Cole is tougher and hit harder and more than Ryder. While Cole doesn't produce, he may create some chances for other by going to the net, or cause the opponents to take penalty.
- Ryder is unidimensional player. Without scoring, he may be useless.
- People, me included, usually are excited about an arrival of a new player. That fact may affect our trade analysis.

Hence, I conclude that if looking strictly at the on-ice performance, I think that Cole is a better hockey player than Ryder. Therefore, Habs lose slightly on the hockey aspect. In short term, I think Dallas is a better team with Cole, than with Ryder. That may be the reason that Dallas give us a 3rd pick.

However, if considering the draft pick and the contract situation, then Habs win a bit.
In brief, this is a very fair trade as opposed to some people thought.
I agree with you. No one got fleeced. Cole is a better overall player and a leader.

Ryder might sign elsewhere in July. In the meantime, he can hopefully scores some big ones for us.

We gonna have a 3rd rounder that might be useful down the road and some free cap space.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote