View Single Post
02-28-2013, 12:58 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
Perhaps, but I tend to stick to Stevie Y's philosophy in that you shouldn't have too many players playing outside their positions especially if they are not experienced at doing it on the highest levels. For example, in my book, E Staal is a center who can play LW. That's it. E. Staal with his revived play is a good fit on the left side with Bergeron and a good 2nd face-off man for d-zone draws should Bergeron get tossed from the circle. He's a much better option there on that line now than other options out there as some suggest Richards Towes and Nash just because they were awesome in 2010. That argument always drives me bonkers.
I seem to remember Eric Staal being a right winger in spurts for Carolina last season or two no?

I completely agree that you don't want to move players out of roles they are comfortable with. That's why I wouldn't take guys like Ribeiro, who is an offense only type guy, because he wouldn't fit on the bottom lines and you have better guys like Stamkos and Crosby to fill those roles.