View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 12:59 PM
Halifaxhab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Why? Because I don't think he has the potential to be top 6. From the little I've seen and the bunch I heard, he's too raw to figure out completely but he doesn't have all the tools and hasn't torn it up to turn people's heads. And as you mentioned the draft is quite deep in the 2nd round. And as usual some nice ones will drop from the 1st and the trickle effect starts.
He is definately a project, but I have a very good friend that does scouting (USHL/HS) out that way (Illinois/Indiana area) and he speaks very highly of him haveing all the tools. Just one of those types that take a little bit of effort to devellop.

But I totally understand your point of view on it. He is just another LW on a long list of LW we could target.

Rychel, Mantha, Carrier are all big solid 2-way LW we can get in our system as they are slated to fall righ into our wheelhouse. We can easily land 2 of them. As for Hill, if he dropped to us in the 3rd rd and we pass on him, that would be a mistake IMHO as the risk/reward value shoots way up.