View Single Post
Old
07-19-2006, 08:01 AM
Netro

vCash: 500
Some good posts in this thread.

(1) While I do see Perezhogin and Plekanec improving on last year, I still don't see the Habs getting a top 4 seed in the east. I see them in the #5-8 range again, though I expect 5 or 6. Still many good teams in the east ahead of them...Ottawa, Buffalo, Carolina, NJ (or the winner of the Atlantic). With Denis in nets, I expect TB to bounce back. What I think will hold the Habs back is the 2nd line centre and no real #2 dman behind Markov

(2) Time/Patience - Couldn't agree more. As the young players improve the team will improve. I also see BG filling the weaknesses of this team over the next 2 years. The farm system is loaded with young talent and it would not shock me if he decides to move one to address the weaknesses. Plus, with some money coming off the books (Ribs, Bonk, Johnson), depending on how much of it has to go towards re-signing players, BG may be able to dip in the free agent market again after the season.

BG has such a good asset base to work with, and some financial flexibility, that he should be able to address these weaknesses over the next year or two. So, while I expect the Habs to be good this year, I expect them to be great soon.

Netro is offline   Reply With Quote