View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 01:37 PM
canadianmagpie

vCash: 1093
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurfling View Post
I must say, this is the type of signing that I have been waiting for. Very excited to see what he can do. From reading the papers about him, he's much more of a holding midfielder than an attacking guy (sounds like he is a better version of Davidson) than a simple replacement for Robson. Doesn't sound like a super high risk signing as this doesn't use a DP slot, though depending on how he does it could get there in the future. Rennie apparently did a good job on selling the club to Reo-Coker instead of Portland (woot!).

Just very happy about everything in this signing, it really gives us that extra strength & not to mention depth in the middle of the park that is so huge.

(small article from the Sun)
http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2013/0...the-whitecaps/
After watching the Whitecaps throughout last year, I thought that while the attacking and defending pieces they had were good, they lacked the link up in midfield with a deep lying playmaker who could win balls and then make the pass up front to the attacking midfielders.

When he's on his game, I think Reo-Coker can provide it, though from what I remember him from the EPL, he does have discipline problems from time to time.