View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 02:03 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
That's a perfect example of stupidity yeah. I really hope the Habs don't fall into that new theory, let other teams waste picks early on guys you can draft in the 2nd/3rd round.

I've never seen Hill play, but I'm not even sure I begin to think about him before the 4th round, let other teams take the risk on this hail-Mary of a long-shot.

I'd much rather draft a Nastasiuk than Hill in the 2nd/3rd round. Who cares if he's not 6'6. By the time he reaches the NHL, Chara will be gone anyways.
That was the thinking about Chara when Milbury drafted him for NYI's,then Boston seen the guy to build around when he played in Ottawa.Boston as far as I know still has a 2nd round pick and Toronto too.A little to late is just as good as never,it doesn't show the ability to project how good a player can be in a few years.Craig Button always tells people his picks are what he projects for players in five years and not how good they are now.Hill is still dealing with the awkwardness of a huge growth spurt,he has the tools and needs to reacquire his timing.Power forwards are like defencemen,they require more time to reach their potential.Pacioretty comes to mind.