View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 02:07 PM
Kitten Mittons

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
If someone came to you and said "I am going to pay you $4.5m a year for the next 15 years but you don't get to do any of the things you love" would you take it? That's basically what has happened. He can't play hockey, and on top of that he can't do any 'risky' physical activities of any kind either. Like to Ski? Nope, ride a motorcycle? Nope...

I absolutely get how miserable that would be. It's easy to say "well just quit then" but once you agree to it, and your family becomes accustomed to having that kind of money, changing that can be ever harder than just living with it.

Now pile onto that a bunch of idiotic fans telling you day in and day out how much they hate you, booing you whenever you try to fulfill your obligations... Yah, that sucks.
Well, that's what I meant by the second sentence.

He's still getting paid that money even if he's waived. My point is that the choice of words he used is unfair to the organization that stuck with him for that long to begin with. He only played 50 games in the last 5 years. His save percentage is 85% and 4.1GAA - he shouldn't have been expecting anything else.