View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 02:09 PM
Dr Beinfest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
8th is low? Remember, the Panthers have had something like two dozen draft picks in the last 3 years since Tallon took over. Grimaldi's stock is slightly down because of injuries hampering his development, and meanwhile his size will always be an issue until he makes it to the NHL and proves otherwise...ask Marty St. Louis.

For that list, yes. I'd say 8 is low for Grimaldi. Keep in mind, this is the same player that has the skillset (and was projected) of a player going in the middle 1st round. Grimaldi has shown so far this year that despite a setback, there's no setback in his game. His only real clear cut disadvantage is his height, but like what I'm about to say below... I prefer to rank based upon potential and age. Sort by ceilings, not by how far a player has come.

Quote:
Matheson shouldn't be ranked higher than those who have already gone pro - he's promising, but if I recall was in a weak draft and questions by scouts about his hockey sense kept him from drafting higher. Time will tell - haven't followed, but I think he's doing well at BC. But the college game isn't the same as the pro game - Howden, Shore, and Robak should all be ahead of him in my book, since all are pros who have seen NHL ice. Petrovic is more debatable. Shore also seems to have a higher upside at this point than when he was drafted, and arguably higher than Matheson, so I'd definitely rank him higher.
And again it boils down to semantics here. In my eyes, ranking prospects should be based mostly on potential versus age.

Dr Beinfest is offline   Reply With Quote