View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 02:12 PM
arsmaster
semantic romantic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
We need more high-upside picks and less 'will be an NHLer' picks. I don't know a situation where I would willingly take Hartman ahead of those guys.

It's like being presented with Jensen, Saad, and Jaskin and taking Rakell. I wouldn't do it.
For me if I'm at 24 or 26 and the board looks like the one we keep discussing, I see about moving down.

The Habs for example have 3 2nd's. If we could entice them to move their pick (likely mid-late round) and Calgary's (early to mid round).

I like our chances better or getting a player. I know usually the idea of trading down is fantasy, but it happens (Detroit got 35th and 48th for 24th in 2011).

It just gives us more swings (allowing for a safer pick and a couple of home run swings).

Move down, hope you still have a shot at a falling Petan, take a Dickinson (this is a homerun swing for me) and a Kujawinksi or De La Rose with the remaining picks.

I think there is good value late into the 2nd or 3rd round this year (similar to 2011), so it may be a decent option.

In my eyes, I don't think it ever gets that far, because a high ranked faller will present itself to Gillis and Co. and it's the easy decision to make going with that guy.