View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 02:14 PM
halligan10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyotes View Post
The team is gone at the end of the year, most likely to Seattle based upon new conferences. I will feel bad for QC if that happens.

I also expect that there will be significant litigation once the team does relocate.

Anyone's interest sparked by the most recent comments of one of the newly elected CM that said the NHL has still not withdrawn the $$$ that was placed in escrow last year? I thought that was interesting. Maybe the NHL would assign the right to that money to a new owner to effectively lower the price, without lowering the price on paper?

Either way, the longer this team goes without an owner, the more it is damaged goods in this market. Time for the team to move.
I really cant see them moving to Seattle! Everyone knows that Bettman would choose Seattle before Quebec but how possible is it at this point? Bettman always said that a shovel in the ground has to be made before anything happen. Plus if the coyotes are moving, I would think that the new owner is already aware of it? Seems like time is to short for Seattle to geta team next year. 14 teams on the east side and 17 teams on the westside....seems to me that they could keep Columbus in the west and then move the yotes on the east side. Would that make sense?