View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 02:42 PM
kingsfan
Yes my liege!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Boarding View Post
Ha, a month ago, Kings European scout Todd Woodcroft (who was scouting and was in Stockholm) had a nice quote for SWE Sport Bladet offering an oppinion/quote for Robbert Hägg...

Woodcroft said that it's not yet sure if Hägg is gonna be a first or second round selection but he expects that the young SWE defensman will be a good NHL defensman. Woodcroft also mentioned that coach Ulf Samuelsson is pretty good at developing the kid...

The article can be found here.
Thanks for posting that.

I agree, I think he could be a very good, top 4 blueliner who can do a bit of everything and excels on the defensive side of the game.

The fact our scout is publicly commenting on him though tends to not bode well for us getting him though. Teams don't usually comment on guys they are secretly high on, outside of the top tier (IE top 10) prospects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Puck Daddy podcast discussing Dallas making the Cole/Ryder trade as a means of filling Morrow's roster spot in preparation of Morrow getting traded.

Granted it's within the division (for this season at least), but should Dean be interested in trading for Morrow?
Depends on the cost, but where would he go? Is he really a top 6 guy anymore? I don't think he is. I think he can still play well, and be an excellent 3rd line guy, but our problem really isn't our 3rd or 4th line, and who do we pull off of the 3rd line anyways? He'd cost to much and is to good for the 4th line, so replacing King with him isn't worth it.

I could see if we felt that we wanted to replace Penner with him, maybe then, but I think DL will look elsewhwre first and turn to Morrow more as a B or C or even D option. And of course, the cost will come into play. I'd imagine, even as a rental, he could fetch a 1st, or a 2nd and a B-tier prospect. After what Gaustad netted, I can't see anyone going cheap anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
Do you want Ryan Smyth and his lazy penalties? If not, we're better off without Morrow.
He is NOT Ryan Smyth.