Thread: Pre-Game Talk: 2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk
View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 02:43 PM
Tiranis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Sorry Tiranis, many had Gaunce projecting as an all situation 3rd liner, that maybe gets to what your talkin about if a lot of things break right. On averages though, he was slated as a 3rd liner. On fact, that's why many had an issue with the pick.
Gaunce turned into a safe, 3rd liner prospect over the last 2 months of the season. He was projected as a Top 6, two-way centre pretty much his whole draft year. People were talking about him going Top 15 like Faksa did.

It's like judging Couturier based on what the scouting community thought of him after overanalyzing rather than what he always projected to be and now looks on track to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
IMO, this kid's potential is sky high. When it's all said and done, he could go as high as top 5 at the NHL draft. He can pass, he can score, he can hit, he can fight, he can do everything. I would say that he's the best forward prospect after Yakupov, Grigorenko and Forsberg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Gaunce's game isn't all the different from Ryan Johanson, except I'd call RJ the better playmaker and Gaunce more of a goalscorer. I also think RJ would be a better skater but Gaunce looks to have a bit more bulk. I think Gaunce will be that guy on draft day who someone really likes and ends up going top 5-10.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
Agree. It's not really so much just his skating, but more so his ability to handle the puck at a higher speed too. He's not one of those effortless skaters, and it seems to effect his offensive game at times. He can fumble passes or lose control of the puck when things are unfolding a bit too fast.

But when the game slows down and he's able to get possession of the puck in the offensive end, he can really go to work and is a very complete offensive player. Big shot, like you said. But also seems to read and react to plays well and does a great job of using that size to get his teammates opportunities to score.

I think he has a ton of potential. But he's also got a relatively low complete bust factor. I could easily see him developing into a 30-30 guy at the next level...or a hard working third line center who chips in a 15-20 line every year.