Old
02-28-2013, 02:44 PM
sbrug

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Spit fans have a lot to be proud of over the last 6 years

The Knights over the last 10 years.

The # of div titles, conf finals, OHL finals, 50 W seasons, OHL reg season pt leader and the Knights havent beeen as low as the Spits the last 2 years in the Hunter era. Id guess in the show last year we could have iced a very solid NHL club.
We finisshed 8th (after a selloff and gave the Sound a heck of a first rd then went on to win the OHL- the SPits by coamparison finished 8th after a sell off, got swept and then missed the PO the following year.)

Spits got the back to back< London more consistency and better rebuilds. Spits have had higher highs but also lower lows.

I really do put more emphasis on a CHL league title than the Memorial Cup. I think the Memorial Cup, althou the holy grail, is a little more of a crapshoot. Its easier for the "best team" NOt to win it. And no Im not saying London was the best last year, just how Ive always looked at it. Running thru 4 best of 7s instead of a round robin and single elimination games (althou very exciting) is a truer test of team IMO
I agree, winning 4 rounds should be the goal every year. It would have been nice to win the MC last year, but it's not something to play a what if game. I think last year Shawinigan was a pretty damn good team that was underestimated by each champion citing their 2nd round exit. In fact, they had 2 less points than last year's Knights. Thought that was interesting considering the analysts were making them out to be the weak sister of the tournament.