View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 03:55 PM
OHLTG

vCash: 500
Quote:
I really do put more emphasis on a CHL league title than the Memorial Cup. I think the Memorial Cup, althou the holy grail, is a little more of a crapshoot. Its easier for the "best team" NOt to win it. And no Im not saying London was the best last year, just how Ive always looked at it. Running thru 4 best of 7s instead of a round robin and single elimination games (althou very exciting) is a truer test of team IMO
I can see this point, but...

Look HOW Windsor won their two Cups:

09 - lost two straight, then won three "game 7s" in four days, against some of the best in the CHL. Tell me that's not tougher than winning the OHL final.

10 - Windsor walked through the CHL teams like they weren't moving. It wasn't even close. When Brandon fans told us "last night's semi-final was our final. Today is just icing on the cake", you know the team was doing something right. Walking through the CHL, like they did, was more impressive than winning the OHL title.

Sure, winning a round-robin, where anyone can win on any night, might not be as impressive as beating every team in a four-game series, it's still a one-week tournament. If you're tired, suck it up and do what you need to. One game can change everything, so it takes a ton of character. At least in a seven-game series, if you lose one it's not the end of the world. In the Cup, you lose one...and it's huge.