Old
02-28-2013, 02:56 PM
Winger98
powers combined

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronwalled55 View Post
Is it that difficult to put Franzen on Datsyuk's wing? Zetterberg gets Brunner and they have great chemistry. They other guy on Z's wing doesn't need to be a great player (or someone playing "great" in Filppula's defense). Datsyuk and Franzen have been on the same line when healthy for a long time up until now. Franzen's numbers have been good this year on Datsyuk's wing yet again. It just doesn't make much sense.
and people lamented the soft suckiness of Franzen and how he didn't have any chemistry with Dats. I'm not against the move, I just think you're replacing one chorus of griping with another. Also, I think all that happens is that whoever's place Franzen takes on Datsyuk's line gets bumped to Z's line.

With the injuries we have, we need guys that can be trusted with 13+ ES minutes a night to fill out the top six. Emmerton isn't that guy. Neither are Miller, Eaves, Andersson, Tatar, or Tootoo (though I think Tootoo would be the most interesting choice). We have to roll with what we have right now, and our top6 is holding the line against the other team's top6.