View Single Post
02-28-2013, 04:02 PM
Duke Silver
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
Well you have to talk to Carlyle then and not complain about message board posters opinions in the thread.

Carlyle is playing Kostka and benching Liles and Komisarek, so logical reason suggest HE believes Kostka is > either of those in the pressbox.

Taking a player out of the line-up and tossing him away for no reason ahead of players Carlyle chooses not to play instead doesn't make a lot of sense. Does it?
Gardiner has been playing very well for the Marlies and deserves to be on this roster. He was certainly out-playing Kostka prior to his injury. The only logical reason he is not, at the moment, is because he is the only waiver exempt player of the bunch. You're not going to sit there and tell me Kostka is a better player than Gardiner, are you? And don't sit there using the "coach says" foolishness. We don't have the luxury of conversing with Carlyle so provide your own opinion.

This has nothing to do with Liles and Komisarek. As I said, they can continue to sit in the pressbox. Gardiner was sent down on a conditioning stint and has not been brought up due to the logjam of NHL contracts, as you said. But I would much prefer Kostka be a casualty of the numbers game than Gardiner.

I will not lament the loss of Mike Kostka from our organization when we have a much better option on the farm who made the all-rookie squad last season. The honeymoon is over. The team will not miss him.