View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 04:26 PM
Brick Top
I love goooold!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
and people lamented the soft suckiness of Franzen and how he didn't have any chemistry with Dats. I'm not against the move, I just think you're replacing one chorus of griping with another. Also, I think all that happens is that whoever's place Franzen takes on Datsyuk's line gets bumped to Z's line.

With the injuries we have, we need guys that can be trusted with 13+ ES minutes a night to fill out the top six. Emmerton isn't that guy. Neither are Miller, Eaves, Andersson, Tatar, or Tootoo (though I think Tootoo would be the most interesting choice). We have to roll with what we have right now, and our top6 is holding the line against the other team's top6.
I think that it's okay for our top 6 to shoot for exceeding a "holding the line" output, and to do that, you have to put guys with Datsyuk who can actually play hockey and have some sort of offensive IQ. And some ability wouldn't hurt either. Babs has options apart from Abby and Cleary, and Tatar should be first and foremost among those options. I definitely think that he could handle 2nd line mins and has earned that (not like he's having to bump perennial all stars out of a winger spot). I get wanting to have a 3rd line that's a threat to score, but hurting your 2nd line to pump your 3rd doesn't make sense.

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote