View Single Post
02-28-2013, 05:28 PM
vCash: 500
I don't think we need Perry, if he continues playing like he is, Voracek is a great winger for Giroux, and he's way cheaper. Affording Perry would be hard with the cap going down. Our forward core is fine with Giroux, Voracek, Hartnell, Simmonds, Schenn, Couturier, Read... even Gagne (I think we will resign him if he stays healthy, he really seems to be motivated by Philly). We don't need another top 6 player imo. What we need to focus on is a top pairing defenseman, because Kimmo will retire soon, and drafting. If we get 2 firsts, keep them.

That said, I don't like the idea of trading Briere unless we can get a really good return, we can say whatever we want about his salary, he's needed. He's a great leader and he's really devoted to the team. He helped Giroux a lot in his development and by living with him, and he's doing the same with Couturier now. Also, he plays his best hockey in key games. You win cups with players like Briere, even if he's not that good defensively. (But he's not as bad as some here pretend IMO)