View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 04:29 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketsDavid View Post
I bet the NHL is really worried about that one. I mean of the 30 NHL teams Columbus probably ranks about #29 as far as teams the league doesn't want to tick off.

Seems like the NHL made a promise to Detroit to move them East, and Detroit is easily in the top 5 (if not the top) team the NHL doesn't want to tick off.

Lifes not fair and I assume unless the NHLPA agrees to 16 in the East, 14 in the West that we're not going East over Detroit. I'll assume they'll do that, then give us the ASG back in 2015 as a reward.
What does it matter if the league ticks off Detroit? (or any other team for that matter)

What are they going to do? Break away and start their own league? Leave to join the AHL? Take their ball and go home by folding the team? B*tch and moan like a 3 year old who doesn't get to buy a toy? If the league says the Red Wings are staying in the West and the majority of the other teams agree, they'll have to deal with it. Its how a democracy works.

If the league has any balls at all, they should just do what is right regardless of the name on the front of the jersey and get it over with. I've yet to see any evidence on why moving Detroit to the East is in the best interest of the league. I only hear that they were "promised" to be moved. There is no way in H*ll moving the biggest draw out of the West is a viable business option

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote