View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 04:30 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
So you think having a pick that hopefully maybe some day might get to the NHL is better than having a guy that is already there? Having a pick that is more likely to produce a player never to see the NHL than it is to produce even a fringe NHL player is better than having a player who under the age of 25 is already up and down between the NHL and AHL, that is what you are telling me. Essentially a bird in hand is worth less than two in the bush.

Of course there are situations when a high pick is worth more than an NHL player to a club (like a deadline deal or trading a player who won't get to the NHL on your club), but to say Homer made a mistake because Chaput could have fetched a sixth rounder one day is ridiculous (which is what the other guy said, not necessarily you). If that is the case, then I can just as easily say he is a genius because he may have also gotten nothing if he waited.
You seem unable to grasp that he's an extra forward. That means he barely plays. Actually, he's not even an NHL player right now because he's been waived. Not exactly worth anything. You also seem to have missed the part where I said its a non issue.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote