Old
02-28-2013, 06:24 PM
Winger98
powers combined

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendricks433 View Post
Abs is that guy but Tootoo or Tatar isnt?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Top
I think that it's okay for our top 6 to shoot for exceeding a "holding the line" output, and to do that, you have to put guys with Datsyuk who can actually play hockey and have some sort of offensive IQ. And some ability wouldn't hurt either. Babs has options apart from Abby and Cleary, and Tatar should be first and foremost among those options. I definitely think that he could handle 2nd line mins and has earned that (not like he's having to bump perennial all stars out of a winger spot). I get wanting to have a 3rd line that's a threat to score, but hurting your 2nd line to pump your 3rd doesn't make sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silkyjohnson50 View Post
Honest question: what has Tatar done (or not done) to say that he cannot be trusted with 13+ min of even strength hockey?
I really don't think Tatar is, at least not with either of Abs or Cleary on the other wing. The kid's been good, but he's also iffy with the 9-11 minutes he gets at ES now, and it's typically against the other team's lesser lines. If we were healthier, and/or at home where the matchups could be picked easier, I could see more of argument for it.

I think Tootoo could probably handle it. Partly because he plays a simpler game, but he's also handled more ice time with Nashville, and he's a vet. You can lean on him a bit. I'm not sure you'll get much more out of him than out of Gator, though.