Old
12-20-2003, 09:17 AM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 2635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy
I used to be afraid that Mike Keenan would come to Buffalo and rip the organization apart or set it backwards like Milbury has done to the Isles. Now, I would be interested in seeing Keenan here. Look how he's helped players out in his last few stops. He deserves lots of credit for turning around guys like Jokinen, Joe Thornton, etc. I wonder what changes Keenan would make if he was named GM of the Buffalo Sabres after we lose on Friday.
I wouldn't make Keenan the GM. I don't think he'd have any problem working with Regier. Keenan works best with a weak GM and that's Regier. I think Regier needs a strong coach who knows how he wants to build a team. Regier just seems too indecisive about what he wants to do. But if there's no checks on Keenan, he'd trade all our youth for veterans. I think Regier has enough backbone to resist doing anything really foolish.

I'd offer Keenan a 3 year deal @ $800K per season with playoff incentives. At the conclusion of this season, the 2nd two years would be a club option. If he does well, he's here for the next 2 seasons. Florida would be responsible for picking up the difference in salaries. I'd expect to see Pyatt and McKee do very well under Keenan. Keenan hates the trap. His style is to send all the forwards into the offensive zone to aggressively forecheck. He also like to play one goaltender until he's ready to drop. He'd pick the guy he wanted and that would be the end of the "rotation".