View Single Post
02-28-2013, 06:49 PM
Exit Dose
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
Well, aside from the obvious differences between Burns and Perry, it's a bit of a different ballgame. There really isn't much outbidding that can be realistically done on the FA market, Perry likely gets similar offers from every team, so that extra year is a big plus. There's also a desperation factor from certain teams, teams that need every advantage they can get if they want to make a deal for Perry.

If Perry is traded, unless he agrees to something, I don't think we'll see a monumental package, but I do think we'll net a greater return than what Atlanta received for Kovalchuk or Hossa. Especially when we're 2nd in the entire league and are obviously making some kind of a run of our own. I'm sure there'll be an emphasis on guys who can play now, not just prospects.
This sounds like some of the same brand of madness that afflicted a handful of Devils fans last year. The only real difference between now and when those players left Atlanta is that we have the ability to go an extra year in a sign and trade. You have no idea what that is worth to anyone. We have no reason to think that it breaks open some massive bidding war that sees, what was it, Schenn, Laughton, and a 1st being offered. That is a ridiculously Lindrossian expectation.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote