View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 05:52 PM
chewerjones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torts View Post
I'm sorry but id have to disagree, in junior it is important to make sure you bring as much talent in on a year to year basis.

When your a 6th, 7th or 8th place team with 3 "elite/above average" players in the league that are for certain not coming back (Percy, DeMelo signed and Brace OA) it is almost essential to get something for them. I understand the east is tight but figure it out Boyd, these guys could fetch quite a bit and he did nothing. I'm a season ticket holder and could care less if they have Percy cutouts all around Mississauga. Trust me ill be sad when Brace goes but getting nothing for Percy and DeMelo, espcially with the year dylan is having is a complete and utter mistake.

If you add what we could have had from trades plus Bourne, MacIntyre, Martin, Burnside. Then your looking at something easier to build around. It's gotta be a thumbs down for me the past 2 trade deadlines and offseasons for Boyd. If your rebuilding and not recuperating young players/draft picks in a two season span you set yourself up for a lot worse in the later years.
Agree 100%.

At the beginning of the year when they were winning, the team was fighting and hitting everything in sight, especially from the dmen. Also, Martin was playing over his head. But over the last 2 months, the team has not fought at all, and it seems like they have abandoned JB.